Our new Ligustica Mark II for women is our latest addition to the Killer Bee BJJ Kimono’s product line. Featuring similar looks as our other Ligusticas but with a few modified features for a better fit for the woman athlete.
Since this is our first iteration we would appreciate any feedback you can provide. It will help us improve the gi for the next release later next year.
The Women’s Ligustica offers several new features compared to the Ligustica Mark I. They include:
- New “KillerBee” Weave pattern for the fabric. It’s tighter, stronger, and more durable.
- Gi tops are Pre-Shrunk. There will still be some shrinkage during the first wash and dry cycle. The chart below assumes the gi top has been washed and dried already.
- More reinforcements. In addition to triple row stitching we also use a surging technique to reinforce the primary seam running through the gi. This helps prevent fraying and separation of the seams.
- Patches? What patches. Taking a cue from our customers we have eliminated all patches from the gi and are now only using embroidery. This will last longer and allows the BJJ student to place their own artwork on the gi.
- Smaller cuff openings for the pants and the gi tops.
- These gi’s don’t bleed.
- Slightly longer skirt slit to allow for easier movement with the hips.
- Deep purple embroidery for the sleeve.
- Less fabric at the shoulder to better match a woman’s physique.
- Modified sizing chart with more precision for a better fit.
Like our older gi’s we still feature some of the primary attributes of that line.
- Rubber foam insert in the collar to prevent mat stink.
- Standard reinforcements in the pants and gi top.
- Gi top is constructed from a single piece of fabric.
- Easy return policy. NO HASSLES. Really.