The Scutellata Mark III is the next generation of Gold Weave gi tops from the Killer Bee Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Kimono’s line of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu wear. Medium weight, clean design, and durable are the core attributes of this gi. Completely redesigned from the Mark I in styling and features.
The Scutellata Mark III offers several new features compared to the Scutellata Mark I. They include:
- Durable Gold Weave pattern. The “Gold” standard of BJJ weaves both strong yet not too heavy. This gi top is slightly lighter than the Scutellata Mark I, also known as “Sweatallotta” by some. Our older version had a GSM weight of about 750. The Mark III is about 600 GSM.
- Gi tops are Pre-Shrunk. There will still be some shrinkage during the first wash and dry cycle. The chart below assumes the gi top has been washed and dried already.
- More reinforcements. In addition to triple row stitching, we also use a surging technique to reinforce the primary seam running through the gi. This helps prevent fraying and separation of the seams during hard grappling matches.
- Patches? What patches. Taking a cue from our customers we have eliminated all patches from the gi and are now only using embroidery. This will last longer and allows the BJJ student to place their own artwork on the gi.
- Additional reinforcement along the cuffs.
- Smaller cuff openings for the gi tops.
- Rubber foam inserts in the collar to prevent mat stink.
- Standard reinforcements in the jacket.
- Gi top is constructed from a single piece of fabric.
- Easy return policy. NO HASSLES. Really.